Call 717-466-6966 for free art classes, teacher supplies or donate, Ephrata
Read about our program before applying to our program. Art of Recycle does not ship any items, all items are pick-up only. Apply for your membership online and wait for your determination notification before visiting us with the expectation of receiving free educational resources. Expect a standard wait time of one to two weeks, you will receive a notification via e-mail as to whether your application is approved or denied.
Craft activities in Ephrata PA
1. There has always been a processing fee to have access to the free resource center. Over the course of the pandemic, Art of Recycle had waived the fee and covered the expenses of processing memberships with the EIDL loan, because we wanted to help organizations to keep their programs going throughout the pandemic. It was a good decision, because we did keep important programs up and running. We are now out of funds, and can no longer keep the program running without teachers and organizations pitching in again to help the program to continue.
2. Many teachers understand this, and to them, the $35 is worth the thousand of dollars that this program will save them over the cost of the year. For those teachers that cannot afford the $35 fee, but whose programs are dependent on these resources, we have individuals and businesses that have donated the funds that will cover their processing fee in the form of scholarships.
3. We are also enforcing the fee and putting a cap on how many items a person can take from the center based on their needs because people have been abusing our program and using the resource center to collect items to sell. Our membership application is now a digital form that helps us to track our resources quickly and more efficiently. The clipboards are being replaced with a digital form that will be easier to track educators needs as well as our inventory. The new digital infrastructure will help us to ensure our donors that the materials that they are donating are indeed going to classrooms and non-profits and not being taken by resellers who are trying to profit off of our program and our staffs hard work.
I hope that answers your question as to why there has always been a $35 fee to obtain a membership, simply because the program costs thousands of dollars a month to maintain and $35 is an inexpensive and affordable amount for a non-profit or teacher to pay when one considers how much it costs to keep any program or classroom running.
4. How did we come up with the number 35? Our staff spends an average of 8 hours a day processing memberships, up to two hours per person. However, we understand that the people receiving the services that your organization or school is providing them with Need those services and deserve the best that their community can do for them.
5. There is no program in the entirety of the United States, or in the world, that is providing any programs similar to what Art of Recycle is doing, without grants and large funders. Those programs that do exist are temporary programs that only last until their funding runs out. No one has been able to make these forms of programs sustainable, except Art of Recycle.